Re: Bash silently truncates the Command Line when called programatically via CreateProcess as MAXPATHLEN was reduced to 8192 from 16384

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 06:49:43PM +0530, Abhijit Bhattacharjee wrote:
>Yes, MSVS is Microsoft Visual Studio.
>
>and I am using the make for Windows
>(http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/make.htm).
>
>Please note, when I am saying the path is getting truncated, its the
>bash that is truncating it. Also, its immaterial how and what is
>getting called. With the latest Cygwin, any program that is compiled
>and linked with the CRT would exhibit this behavior. The truncation
>issue in the CRT is best demonstrated by the following Code couplets

A Cygwin program which calls another Cygwin program does not have this
problem so it isn't completely immaterial.

>Also Note, if you would like to review the code that is responsible
>for the truncation, I would suggest you to refer the function

Not sure who you are talking to but, on the off chance that you are
hoping to engage a Cygwin developer, we do know where the glob code
lives.  As I indicated, it originally comes from FreeBSD.

Quoting myself: