This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bash silently truncates the Command Line when called programatically via CreateProcess as MAXPATHLEN was reduced to 8192 from 16384
- From: David Stacey <drstacey at tiscali dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 09:55:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: Bash silently truncates the Command Line when called programatically via CreateProcess as MAXPATHLEN was reduced to 8192 from 16384
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANMjiJqz6uJ7pp=iS5FK_ZnS9nxCT1fY+EndcgzPan7sv2pXJA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140526200857 dot GA3903 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <lm08n5$tgp$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <20140526212219 dot GA4754 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CANMjiJpDU-aVxg1X8G_Lk8pKLEmXbs24+ieD=w3f8ZmQ2jdjTw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CANMjiJqkm1pD5zuKWc_aRw8h9mzfdpwSkk6u6ybLmgHKGEd0PQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 27/05/14 14:19, Abhijit Bhattacharjee wrote:
Yes, MSVS is Microsoft Visual Studio.
and I am using the make for Windows
Using the Windows version of gmake to invoke Cygwin bash to call the
Microsoft compiler seems a little complicated to me. Instead of gmake
and bash, are you able to use 'nmake' (that comes with MSVC)?
Obviously, that is a non-Cygwin suggestion, and this is a Cygwin mailing
list, so we wouldn't be able to help you with that here. However, by
simplifying your call chain, the problems that you're experiencing might
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple