This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bash silently truncates the Command Line when called programatically via CreateProcess as MAXPATHLEN was reduced to 8192 from 16384
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 12:07:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: Bash silently truncates the Command Line when called programatically via CreateProcess as MAXPATHLEN was reduced to 8192 from 16384
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <148f67d907d379af19ab91c030b65403 dot squirrel at webmail dot xs4all dot nl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 05:41:19PM +0200, Houder wrote:
>As far as I can tell, it is not bash, but the Cygwin supervisor, that
>does the truncation.
The code in Cygwin has already been repeatedly identified.
Possibly setting the CYGWIN environment variable to "noglob" might
cause things to work as desired.
Also remember that this environment variable has to be set before any
Cygwin program is run, i.e., from the CMD prompt or by setting the
environment variable globally via, e.g.,
Control Panel->System->Advanced system settings->Environment Variables
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple