This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bash silently truncates the Command Line when called programatically via CreateProcess as MAXPATHLEN was reduced to 8192 from 16384
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 11:59:05 -0600
- Subject: Re: Bash silently truncates the Command Line when called programatically via CreateProcess as MAXPATHLEN was reduced to 8192 from 16384
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANMjiJqz6uJ7pp=iS5FK_ZnS9nxCT1fY+EndcgzPan7sv2pXJA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140526200857 dot GA3903 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <lm08n5$tgp$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <20140526212219 dot GA4754 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CANMjiJpDU-aVxg1X8G_Lk8pKLEmXbs24+ieD=w3f8ZmQ2jdjTw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CANMjiJqkm1pD5zuKWc_aRw8h9mzfdpwSkk6u6ybLmgHKGEd0PQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5385A486 dot 4090900 at tiscali dot co dot uk>
On 5/28/2014 02:55, David Stacey wrote:
are you able to use 'nmake' (that comes with MSVC)?
nmake is awfully primitive in itself compared to GNU make, and it is
doubly crippled by being restricted to cmd.exe syntax for shell commands
in the targets.
Instead, Abhijit, I suggest that you switch to CMake or SCons, either of
which will let you build software in a platform-independent way.
And to keep a tenuous hold on topicality, both are packaged for Cygwin.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple