This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Update CoreUtils
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 02:49:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: Update CoreUtils
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140513055627 dot GA671 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLWoSg2zuMdZuYwL+baXpYq-472i2Y3iqte4MVhQ4WtEdQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <53721437 dot 4080408 at lysator dot liu dot se> <CAAXzdLU182frc=xTyP8JqmY+qef9wxw-vzALRhf-1ZnkVSWNFA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140513150444 dot GD7575 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAEotdwk_QTS+RnenvmVgR1Kfhb3RxBgAreAb_x9DUq6Wno=O1w at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140529171146 dot GA6708 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLXUDSN51csKirSwxJx1E3Fsthvn0E5bDL30J-Tezoeeug at mail dot gmail dot com> <5387CB04 dot 4060609 at breisch dot org> <CAAXzdLVgLs-hy69kz30XCKpHcL37YruoB8qdNfCGcKdDrx2kBw at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 05:49:53PM -0500, Steven Penny wrote:
>On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 08:12:46PM -0500, Steven Penny wrote:
>>On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 7:04 PM, Chris J. Breisch wrote:
>>>On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>> So the bottom line is that git's status is: missing a maintainer, hoping
>>>> for someone to pick it up.
>>>You have short term memory?
>> Do you?
>> From the same thread. Amazing that you missed that.
>You are out of your element, mate
Nope. You are confused. Eric indicated 1) that he wanted to give up
git and 2) he did not want to give up bash or coreutils. David Conrad
was talking about git.
So, as I said, we are missing a git maintainer even though we did have
someone trying to take on that responsibility.
You should be aware of what happened with git and should be able to
discern a template for how to go about adopting it. Chest thumping and
rambling essays aren't going to magically make you a maintainer. If you
are interested then, as I mentioned in the link that you quoted, you
have to learn the rules for becoming a maintainer. You don't need me to
touch your shoulders with a sword to make things happen.
Oh, and just in case I get quoted in the future again, I'll make it
clear again: I'm talking about git, not coreutils or bash.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple