This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin64 install g++ v 4.6.4
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 12:40:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygwin64 install g++ v 4.6.4
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20140529T061142-577 at post dot gmane dot org> <5386F6C3 dot 3000600 at tiscali dot co dot uk>
On 2014-05-29 03:58, David Stacey wrote:
On 29/05/14 05:19, Philapol wrote:
I would like to install g++ v 4.6.4 under cygwin64 but only v 4.8.2 is
available. What is the procedure to install this older version?
64-bit Cygwin is relatively new, and the earliest version of gcc that
was built for 64-bit was gcc-4.8.0 (IIRC). If you need an older version
then you would have to build it yourself from source.
Not likely; the requisite Win64 SEH support was only introduced in 4.8,
so building an earlier version simply isn't going to work.
But as others have pointed out, your time would be better spent maintaining
the code so that it compiles with a more modern compiler.
+1. Unless you can *prove* that there is a bug in GCC (which does
occasionally happen, granted), then this is usually the answer to this
sort of question.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple