This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Are there any SELinux tools available for Cygwin?
- From: Robert Pendell <shinji+cygwin at elite-systems dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 08:37:13 -0400
- Subject: Re: Are there any SELinux tools available for Cygwin?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1401440703000-108952 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <5388CD7E dot 5010800 at etr-usa dot com> <1401525653800-108975 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com>
On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 4:40 AM, PolarStorm wrote:
> Warren Young wrote
>> There is an excellent tool for managing SELinux on remote machines, and
>> it is packaged for Cygwin. It is called ssh.
> Perhaps you have a package to prevent idiots from answering here as well?
> Install it please.
There is no need for hostility here. Anyways back on topic.
I personally don't see a point in building userland SELinux tools for
Cygwin. As Warren pointed out already it may be simpler to just ssh
into the box in question and generate it from there. I took a look
and building the tools may be quite a task. It looks like at least a
few dependencies may need to be built. I have not attempted this
myself but you are welcome to do so.
With that in mind a quick look in the packages list (available on the
website) or via an internet search (eg: google or bing) would of
revealed that none exist yet.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple