This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bash silently truncates the Command Line when called programatically via CreateProcess as MAXPATHLEN was reduced to 8192 from 16384
- From: Cliff Hones <cliff at hones dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 14:37:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: Bash silently truncates the Command Line when called programatically via CreateProcess as MAXPATHLEN was reduced to 8192 from 16384
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANMjiJqz6uJ7pp=iS5FK_ZnS9nxCT1fY+EndcgzPan7sv2pXJA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140526200857 dot GA3903 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <lm08n5$tgp$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <20140526212219 dot GA4754 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CANMjiJpDU-aVxg1X8G_Lk8pKLEmXbs24+ieD=w3f8ZmQ2jdjTw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CANMjiJqkm1pD5zuKWc_aRw8h9mzfdpwSkk6u6ybLmgHKGEd0PQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5385A486 dot 4090900 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <538623E9 dot 8000507 at etr-usa dot com> <CANMjiJrfVEXcYNse83KysLpBjYyo9PvmmrhgVhZ0pRQ1poo=jg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 31/05/2014 14:28, Abhijit Bhattacharjee wrote:
> Qs/Stmt: Possibly setting the CYGWIN environment variable to "noglob"
> might cause things to work as desired.
> Ans: I am yet to test this, but I trust your answer. I am yet to
> figure out as to how I can set the environment variables CYGWIN with
> multiple values i.e. I need to set it with nodosfilewarning and
> noglob. I was trying to read though your code environ.cc and seems to
> me I can simply separate it with a delimiter. Your documentation is
> silent about it. If you know it off hand, please let me know, that
> will reduce some effort for me to read and debug though your code :-)
Hmm - you didn't look very hard. Why not read the Cygwin User manual - in
particular this section:
where it clearly says the items are space-separated.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple