This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
tmux failed and got the message: failed to connect to server: No error
- From: Guan-Zhong Huang <imprazaguy at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 23:29:01 +0800
- Subject: tmux failed and got the message: failed to connect to server: No error
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
cygwin-1.7.29-2 is ok.
After updating to cygwin-1.7.30-1, I can't start tmux.
I find it is because when tmux tries to connect to the unix domain
socket that tmux server listens and tmux server hasn't started yet,
connect() fails but errno is 0, not "Connection Refused (111)". This
causes tmux to exit with error.
If you want to reproduce this bug.
tmux might work at the first time because the unix domain socket is not created.
But after that, tmux will fail due to incorrect errno.
Here's the strace I got:
96 1063224 [main] tmux 4072 cygwin_connect: -1 = connect(5,
0x229780, 24), errno 0
92 1054064 [main] tmux 3548 cygwin_connect: -1 = connect(5,
0x229780, 24), errno 111
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple