This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem logging into ssh
- From: PolarStorm <developer at clinicsearch dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 11:55:11 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Problem logging into ssh
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <96A00236-4DDD-4F39-917D-DC674ECE2642 at gmail dot com>
Noah White wrote
> Iâve installed and configured sshd to run as a service under a particular
> account which is an Administrator. I can ssh in fine as that user.
> However, if I try to ssh as any other user I get the following error:
> Last login: Wed May 21 18:58:35 2014 from foo.home
> /bin/bash: Operation not permitted
> Connection to tango closed.
The sshd installation scripts creates two users, one which should not be
used for login, so make sure you sue the right one. Some months ago
I posted details about various other issues with sshd setup on W8
machines. I have no idea if any of these have been fixed and implemented,
but have a close look at the thread:
Also, one of the accounts are erroneously set to expire in 42 days.
View this message in context: http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Problem-logging-into-ssh-tp108818p108985.html
Sent from the Cygwin list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple