This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Compiling cygwin1.dll
- From: Michael Wild <mwild at bluewin dot ch>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 14:57:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: Compiling cygwin1.dll
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAALQ5rnJz9h-EHYR2UqoznOrhTVsqaqgX1KiWeD+fo1iKVt7sw at mail dot gmail dot com> <161164160 dot 20140603143233 at yandex dot ru>
On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Michael Wild!
>> In order to pinpoint an error I'm trying to compile cygwin1.dll from
>> source following the instructions here:
> My question is: do you actually need to rebuild it, or you just need the debug
>> https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.programming.building-cygwin. However,
>> when building binutils, I trip over this error:
>> https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2014-02/msg00064.html. According to
>> DJ (https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2014-02/msg00067.html),
>> "attempts to build the old binutils/gdb in CVS are going to be
>> doomed". Apparently the development of these packages is now tracked
>> in a separate git repo. So, my question is now, how do I get a working
>> build for the cygwin DLL? Do I have to replace binutils/gdb in the CVS
>> checkout with the git checkout?
>> How are the current snapshots built?
>> Thanks for any pointers in the right direction.
I really need to build it, in order to pinpoint which commit breaks things.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple