This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Emacs-w32... still crashing
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 17:37:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: Emacs-w32... still crashing
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1401825680 dot 29184 dot YahooMailNeo at web185402 dot mail dot gq1 dot yahoo dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 06/03/2014 04:01 PM, Zdzislaw Meglicki wrote:
And another crash... captured under gdb again.
Segmentation fault again, but this time:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x0000000100631d84 in deselect_palette (f=0x0, hdc=0x0) at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3.90-1/src/w32xfns.c:123
123 if (f->output_data.w32->old_palette)
And, unlike the last one that crashed somewhere deep down under Cygwin in
O/S calls, this one never touches the Cygwin DLL. This suggests to me
that this particular problem is shared with any non-Cygwin version of
Emacs-w32. You may want to check for possible solutions in other forums
as well as a result.
Disclaimer - I do not use emacs in any form.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple