This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
"cygpath -u" inside backticks differs
- From: Ivan Dobrianov <cygwin-130603-b40 at dobrianov dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 21:28:39 -0400
- Subject: "cygpath -u" inside backticks differs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
It may be something very simple, but I just cannot figure what it is, nor can I
find anything on the forums.
Here - see the different results:
/ > echo `cygpath.exe -u '\\DAEMON1\anrdaemon\.profile'`
/ > cygpath.exe -u '\\DAEMON1\anrdaemon\.profile'
So cygpath in backticks slaps a drive at the front, while otherwise it does
... well, what I expect.
Does anyone know why? Or know a thread where this is explained?
PS: I am running a fairly recent version of cygwin 1.7.27 ... and I just checked
it in 1.7.29
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple