This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "cygpath -u" inside backticks differs
- From: jdavidboyd at adboyd dot com (J. David Boyd)
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 10:31:43 -0400
- Subject: Re: "cygpath -u" inside backticks differs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140604012839 dot GA17012 at praz2 dot hsd1 dot ma dot comcast dot net> <538E7D3C dot 5020501 at redhat dot com>
Eric Blake <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> see why `` is obsolete, and you should be using $()? Among other
> reasons, \ inside `` has weird rules.
Wow, when did this happen? I've been using `` for years, and never heard of
$(). What version did this change?
I think I need to go back and re-read some documentation!
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple