This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Compiling cygwin1.dll
- From: Michael Wild <themiwi at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 16:44:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: Compiling cygwin1.dll
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAALQ5rnJz9h-EHYR2UqoznOrhTVsqaqgX1KiWeD+fo1iKVt7sw at mail dot gmail dot com> <161164160 dot 20140603143233 at yandex dot ru> <CAALQ5rmK5pJEtJztUXs103YMmc1LE0O8DO7sb+1sBgFbsKt-Jg at mail dot gmail dot com> <538DF2D8 dot 8030504 at cygwin dot com>
On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 6:07 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> On 06/03/2014 08:57 AM, Michael Wild wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
>>> Greetings, Michael Wild!
>>>> In order to pinpoint an error I'm trying to compile cygwin1.dll from
>>>> source following the instructions here:
>>> My question is: do you actually need to rebuild it, or you just need the
>>>> https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.programming.building-cygwin. However,
>>>> when building binutils, I trip over this error:
>>>> https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2014-02/msg00064.html. According to
>>>> DJ (https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2014-02/msg00067.html),
>>>> "attempts to build the old binutils/gdb in CVS are going to be
>>>> doomed". Apparently the development of these packages is now tracked
>>>> in a separate git repo. So, my question is now, how do I get a working
>>>> build for the cygwin DLL? Do I have to replace binutils/gdb in the CVS
>>>> checkout with the git checkout?
>>>> How are the current snapshots built?
>>>> Thanks for any pointers in the right direction.
>> Dear Andrey,
>> I really need to build it, in order to pinpoint which commit breaks
> OK but why are you building 'binutils' if you just want to build the Cygwin
You tell me. I just checked out the source and followed the
instructions as I said in my first message. When doing so, there is a
dependency and binutils gets built.
If the instructions are outdated, I did something obviously wrong, or
there is a better way, please let me know.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple