This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin on Max OS X ?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhmccullough at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 18:35:32 +0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin on Max OS X ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <COL129-W5D99D52355F33D9159FA1CB2D0 at phx dot gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Richard H. McCullough!
> I have an iMac 27 64-bit words running OS X Mavericks.
> Can I install Cygwin on my iMac?
> I know it's not necessary, but I thought it might be helpful
> for working on system porting/compatibility problems.
Not at all.
If you truly NEED Cygwin, i.e. for tests, a WinXP or so installed in a VM is a
way to go.
Otherwise, just use regular native tools available in your system. Only
precaution I might suggest is to make sure the tools you are using are
available for Cygwin in the same (or compatible enough) form.
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 05.06.2014, <18:33>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple