This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin on Max OS X ?
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 09:16:28 -0600
- Subject: Re: Cygwin on Max OS X ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <COL129-W5D99D52355F33D9159FA1CB2D0 at phx dot gbl> <648160868 dot 20140605183532 at yandex dot ru>
On 6/5/2014 08:35, Andrey Repin wrote:
make sure the tools you are using are
available for Cygwin in the same (or compatible enough) form.
whereas Cygwin mostly emulates Linux, except where Win32 leaks through.
There are plenty of differences between them that can justify testing
under both environments:
- vast dynamic linkage, networking, and ACL/EA differences
- /Users, /System, /Library vs /home, /sbin, /lib
- BSD find, locate, etc. vs GNU findutils
- bsdtar vs GNU tar
- no /proc in OS X
- /dev/clipboard vs pbcopy/pbpaste
- strace vs dtrace
- /etc files, SAM and AD vs Open Directory
- launchd vs Windows Services
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple