This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Emacs-w32... still crashing
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 16:09:51 -0400
- Subject: Re: Emacs-w32... still crashing
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1401832858 dot 77832 dot YahooMailNeo at web185401 dot mail dot gq1 dot yahoo dot com> <5390BF87 dot 6070604 at cornell dot edu> <20140605195104 dot GA1462 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
On 6/5/2014 3:51 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 03:05:43PM -0400, Ken Brown wrote:
On 6/3/2014 6:00 PM, Zdzislaw Meglicki wrote:
And... another crash. I didn't run it under gdb this
time and it didn't dump anything either, but I got
interesting new message I didn't see before:
*** fatal error - WFSO failed waiting for timer thread, Win32 error 0
This message comes from the function timer_tracker::cancel in timer.cc
in the Cygwin sources. I'm afraid I have no idea what the timer thread
is or why WaitForSingleObject might fail waiting for it.
cgf or Corinna (or anyone else), can you shed any light on what might
cause this? Could it be BLODA, for instance?
I really don't see how WaitForSingleObject can fail like this but I have
demoted that fatal condition to a warning and added slightly more
debugging output to it. The next snapshot will have that change.
Thanks. Gustav, can you install the latest snapshot? That might help
debug this in case you get that WFSO failure again.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple