This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin on Max OS X ?
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 08:26:50 -0600
- Subject: Re: Cygwin on Max OS X ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <COL129-W5D99D52355F33D9159FA1CB2D0 at phx dot gbl> <648160868 dot 20140605183532 at yandex dot ru> <539089CC dot 7030502 at etr-usa dot com> <1352292014 dot 20140606032324 at yandex dot ru> <53910754 dot 7030805 at breisch dot org>
On 6/5/2014 18:12, Chris J. Breisch wrote:
You could port cygport to OS X. That shouldn't be too hard.
Look over that list I posted again. The only thing such an effort would
do is let you hide the BSD userland tools behind GNU ones by putting the
latter first in the PATH. Every other item would remain as a functional
difference between the two systems.
If that's all you need, there are easier paths to the same destination.
Probably a fantasy. Using the Macports stuff is almost certainly easier.
The cool kids are using Homebrew these days. http://brew.sh/
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple