This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Package file lists archive
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 16:58:25 -0500
- Subject: Re: Package file lists archive
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLUx+zsvXGDfYyBkounDNLsMy8oW1ZmGZtLoOA-XfeDQHg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140526201210 dot GB3903 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> And, frankly, I think it's a bad idea to keep a monolithic list of
> packages available for people to download anyway.
I would counter that Debian and others who use "apt-get" already do this,
> This file maps each file available in the Debian GNU/Linux system to
> the package from which it originates. It includes packages from the
> DIST distribution for the ARCH architecture.
> You can use this list to determine which package contains a specific
> file, or whether or not a specific file is available. The list is
> updated weekly, each architecture on a different day.
so maybe you could voice your opinion to them as well.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple