This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [BUG] Memory trashing still persists on x86-64
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Pavel Fedin <p dot fedin at samsung dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 16:45:22 +0400
- Subject: Re: [BUG] Memory trashing still persists on x86-64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <002501cf89f4$25357680$6fa06380$%fedin at samsung dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Pavel Fedin!
> By the way, i have some suggestions for Setup program. First, can you make
> a possibility to downgrade to any version, not only one version back ? The
> latest stable Cygwin version is 1.28, but in Setup i can only select 1.29.
> Also, it would be nice to be able to 'stick' to a certain version. Currently
> setup tries to update me every time, i have to manually select old version
> every time.
Many would love to see such improvements to Cygwin setup... but...
Unless someone take the hat and implement much of APT or other well-known
package manager functionality in Cygwin setup, this all remains a wishful
> I am horribly sorry, i don't have time and cannot actively participate. :(
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 17.06.2014, <16:41>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple