This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emacs 24.3.1: output from async-shell-command is not always displayed
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 21:44:35 -0400
- Subject: Re: emacs 24.3.1: output from async-shell-command is not always displayed
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <86zjhbpf9b dot fsf at w2139spb dot ru dot yotateam dot com>
On 6/17/2014 2:22 PM, Filipp Gunbin wrote:
Here are the steps to reproduce.
M-& echo "sleep 1; ps &" > /tmp/1.sh
Then M-& /tmp/1.sh (few times).
On my machine, sometimes it gives the output in the *Async Shell
Command* buffer, sometimes not. Without "sleep 1" the output is
displayed almost always.
M-! /tmp/1.sh displays the output always.
I'm seeing something different, but I'm running a pretest of emacs-24.4
rather than emacs-24.3. I find that the output is never displayed, with
or without "sleep 1". But if I remove the "&" from 1.sh, then the
output is always displayed (again, with or without "sleep 1"). Could
you try installing the test release emacs-24.3.90-1 and see if you get
the same results I'm getting?
I don't know if there's a bug here or not. If there is, it's not
specific to Cygwin; I get the same behavior on Fedora 20.
Do you have a use case for wanting to call asynchronously a command
that's already running asynchronously (because of the "&")?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple