This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Package file lists archive
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 08:28:23 -0400
- Subject: Re: Package file lists archive
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLUx+zsvXGDfYyBkounDNLsMy8oW1ZmGZtLoOA-XfeDQHg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140526201210 dot GB3903 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLUZ-0iR4NR2j30UPJpmr4LfPtqBXfPtc7vh-nY3ZfF9Ag at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140527221151 dot GA6521 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <5395D00C dot 1080704 at etr-usa dot com> <CAAXzdLWmmQEvwpGFcraT=7+hwfYWRzGbj4YxegAoWScZ46-jfA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140617142906 dot GE7138 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLVFNcyFRbWoWGTAaDj8C=LqvMnZQbNgDfTYCeoM=3sUfw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140618061812 dot GE4920 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLVAp_rKLNravSrH81-Kx12TXq2VwwWNcDdxRQxe7Eoc8Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 06/18/2014 02:53 AM, Steven Penny wrote:
On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 1:18 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
Your idea of "constructive" is apparently flawed.
This is an interesting comment, taking in that your response ignores the
original question and focuses on off topic quibbling. I will pose your viewpoint
and my question again
I also find it interesting that you dismiss your "off topic quibbling"
since you were the one that was feeding the fire while Chris was
on vacation last week.
Do you have an explanation for this opinion, or citations as to why this is a
bad idea, taking into account that major Linux distros are already using this
If this was the question you wanted to ask originally, this is all you
needed to add to the thread.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple