This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Base 64-bit Cygwin now requires Perl?
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 22:39:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: Base 64-bit Cygwin now requires Perl?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLX=PuGT8N9G19W8ykN7H6zLa5D5psXc+SMmyZfogMg5CA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAXzdLVHrLZ53hxm-=zy=6zPjT1+KDpv60Jc3_-AbnV8vq-9ow at mail dot gmail dot com> <53A1F336 dot 3030509 at breisch dot org>
Chris J. Breisch writes:
> lynx depends on perl. I'm not 100% sure this is a valid dependency.
It isn't, scripts in the doc folder shouldn't trigger a dependency. On
x86 this dependency isn't there, only on x86_64 -- which indicates it is
a function of the cygport version that generated the package. But
really the setup.hint should just be changed for x86_64 (Corinna could
do that, I suppose).
> However, I wonder if the answer here isn't just to move perl into
> base. perl scripts are used everywhere, even in startup/shutdown
> scripts on some Unix systems. I think most people at this point expect
> a Unix environment to have perl.
Perl is too heavy for Base. If we can help it it shouldn't be there.
> So, yes, there are options to remove this dependency. The lynx one
> seems to me to be the easiest, but I could be wrong.
There's links as well, but I don't know if it makes a difference
feature-wise. It does not depend on perl in both architectures in any
case. If man-db uses lynx by default, then it likely is easier to just
correct the dependencies.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptation for Waldorf rackAttack V1.04R1:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple