This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bzr emacs(220.127.116.11) crashes when using auto-revert-tail-mode
- From: Filipp Gunbin <fgunbin at fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 18:53:43 +0400
- Subject: Re: bzr emacs(18.104.22.168) crashes when using auto-revert-tail-mode
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <86mwda6yv6 dot fsf at w2139spb dot ru dot yotateam dot com> <53A1D076 dot 8090109 at cornell dot edu>
On 18/06/2014 21:46 +0400, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 6/18/2014 11:06 AM, Filipp Gunbin wrote:
>> C-x C-r <some_file>
> You mean C-x C-f
I did C-x C-r but that should not matter.
>> M-x auto-revert-tail-mode
>> wait for few seconds -> emacs crashes
> I can confirm this, but on 32-bit Cygwin only; there's no crash on
> 64-bit Cygwin. (This is a refreshing change from the emacs crashes
> people have been reporting on 64-bit Cygwin.)
> I'll look into this. In the meantime, you can work around it by
> configuring --with-file-notification=no.
> P.S. Since you're building your own emacs from the bzr sources, it
> would be more useful for you to test the emacs-24 branch rather than
> the trunk; that's where bug fixes for emacs-24.4 are being made.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple