This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bzr emacs(220.127.116.11) crashes when using auto-revert-tail-mode
- From: Filipp Gunbin <fgunbin at fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 18:55:14 +0400
- Subject: Re: bzr emacs(18.104.22.168) crashes when using auto-revert-tail-mode
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <86mwda6yv6 dot fsf at w2139spb dot ru dot yotateam dot com> <53A1D076 dot 8090109 at cornell dot edu> <53A2E189 dot 9080203 at cornell dot edu>
On 19/06/2014 17:11 +0400, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 6/18/2014 1:46 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> I'm afraid I ran into a brick wall trying to debug this. I wanted to
> see what gfile-add-watch was doing, so I ran emacs under gdb with a
> breakpoint at Fgfile_add_watch and then a breakpoint at g_file_monitor
> (a Glib function called by Fgfile_add_watch). When I tried to step
> through this function, I hit an assertion violation in gdb. This is
> repeatable. A log of the gdb session is appended below.
> The problem occurs only on 32-bit Cygwin. On 64-bit Cygwin, I can step through Fgfile_add_watch without a problem.
> Filipp, do you want to try debugging this yourself? Maybe your
> debugging skills are better than mine. (You'll need to install
Well I'll try, but I'm not a C programmer and have little experience
with gdb :(
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple