This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: R-3.1.0-1
- From: "Habermann, David (DA)" <DAHabermann at dow dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 21:52:52 +0000
- Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: R-3.1.0-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 53A1E4CE dot 5010206 at gmail dot com> <C9D37D92E903B347A31B9CF82643BA28070FEF30 at 046-CH1MPN1-042 dot 046d dot mgd dot msft dot net> <53A4A368 dot 3000705 at etr-usa dot com>
>> Any comments about how this cygwin version of R performs vs. the
>> Window-native version?
> Do you use any third-party native Windows R GUIs? (RStudio, etc.) If
> so, I'd bet that's a prior block on your ability to switch.
Yes I do use RStudio at this point, although I don't use much of the
functionality....if resulting graphs can appear in an x-window
perhaps, and I can figure out how to use nedit (or something
else) to get my context-sensitive editing environment
back (I use it for python and shell right now, I'd convert
(again, performance permitting....my optimization routines do
run the cpu hard for tens of minutes).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple