This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems installing man-db
- From: Jon Bailey <hobart at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 22:49:46 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Problems installing man-db
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53A340C3 dot 8060007 at alice dot it> <53A37E0C dot 9050608 at breisch dot org>
For what it's worth, I also ran into the problem with the Cygwin setup
updater hanging during the man-db update.
I'm on Win8.1, using Cygwin 64-bit.
I didn't have GDB installed, so checked with Process Explorer, the mandb.exe
process was using CPU, but I didn't notice a particular file handle open.
The /var/log/setup.log.run.XXXX is at http://pastebin.com/pZyc2iWf
I've installed GDB, if there's any particular steps I can take to attach to
mandb and provide better information (stack traces / variable contents)
please let me know.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple