This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Too many mailing lists
- From: KIMURA Masaru <hiyuh dot root at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 09:54:18 +0900
- Subject: Re: Too many mailing lists
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53A4A299 dot 6090508 at etr-usa dot com>
> The Cygwin project has too many mailing lists.
> I see real value in only 3 lists:
> 1. User discussions
> 2. Development of Cygwin-the-project (broader than the DLL)
> 3. Talk
just unify only 1 ML is simple.
the cygwin ML flow looks not so massive.
we know using well composed subject can split them in local box.
filtering announcement and other unintended info at local is also easy.
splitting non-massive flow to many MLs looks totally meaningless.
it only help bluffing "our project is big."
just my 2 cents.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple