This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rsync 3.0.9-1 -- fast, versatile file synchronizing tool
- From: Frank Fesevur <ffes at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 10:57:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rsync 3.0.9-1 -- fast, versatile file synchronizing tool
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 878uov7w1f dot fsf at cante dot net> <CAKf2h5S0pVrYzTp5YOkq5Oq0WGm-MqyTz49p2-YjZ4L5r9qD_w at mail dot gmail dot com>
2014-06-17 14:16 GMT+02:00 Frank Fesevur:
> 2014-06-17 10:57 GMT+02:00 Jari Aalto:
>> PACKAGE DESCRIPTION
>> Homepage: http://freecode.com/projects/rsync
>> License : GPL-3+
>> Fast and versatile file-copying tool which can copy locally and
>> to/from a remote host. It offers many options to control its behavior,
>> and its remote-update protocol can minimize network traffic to make
>> transferring updates between machines fast and efficient. It is widely
>> used for backups and mirroring and as an improved copy command for
>> everyday use.
> Jari, you announced 3.0.9-1 which was the version already available,
> but you uploaded 3.1.0-1. I assume a copy-paste error.
> Did you know that 3.1.0 has performance issues on cygwin? See almost
> at the bottom of the "BUG FIXED" at
> I tried to build rsync a while ago myself using cygport (I even
> considered to ITA when 3.1.1 would be final). But when I ran "cygport
> test" 6 test (batch-mode, chmod-option, exclude, hands, itemize and
> symlink-ignore) fail with timeouts.
> The 3.1.1pre1 fixes these issues. All the test that fail with 3.1.0
> pass with 3.1.1pre1. I haven't tried to test your version.
> And why is http://freecode.com/projects/rsync mentioned as homepage
> and not http://rsync.samba.org/?
Any news on the stability-issues in rsync 3.1.0?
3.1.1 has been released a week ago. 3.1.1 passes all the test.
If you are interested, this is my cygport-file:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple