This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
man-db: crashes and possible fix
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 17:21:35 -0500
- Subject: man-db: crashes and possible fix
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
WRT mandb -c crashing or aborting:
* I can reproduce this on x86_64, but not on x86.
* I can reproduce that mandb -cd doesn't crash but it doesn't complete
successfully either; the difference being if there is a
/var/cache/man/index.db or just a numbered file there (the PID,
specifically). So that is not really a solution.
* On x86_64, increasing the stack commit size seems to help:
peflags -X0x20000 /usr/bin/mandb.exe
(Note that is a capital X.)
* Even with that, it still takes over 20 minutes to complete.
Has anyone found differently, and does the peflags command above help?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple