Re: timeout in LDAP access

On 2014-07-09 12:12 Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>> I have encountered this case in real life. The domain admins have set
>> the trustPosixOffset of the secondary domain to zero. This value is therefore
>> never recorded and the cldap->open occurs again and again.
>
> Ouch.  Why on earth are admins doing this?  There's no way to
> workaround this reliably.

Reliably i don’t know. I’ve modified uinfo.cc in order that the special value
for td->PosixOffset is no longer 0. Taking into account that LDAP_SERVER_DOWN
is now recognized, my ‘getent passwd’ executes gracefully in 40 minutes
(instead of 60) and ‘getent group’ in 25 minutes (instead of 90). Also quicker
is ‘mkpasswd -d secondary_domain’ of course. Patch attached.

Regards,

Denis Excoffier.