This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Simplify AD integration?
- From: Andrew DeFaria <Andrew at DeFaria dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 10:16:14 -0700
- Subject: Re: Simplify AD integration?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140730134716 dot GM25860 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <53DA441F dot 2260CAE7 at boland dot nl> <53DA4FE0 dot 4020307 at redhat dot com> <53DA6326 dot 7C5690BB at boland dot nl> <1673544354 dot 20140801021235 at yandex dot ru> <53DB8805 dot 248826F6 at boland dot nl>
On 8/1/2014 5:28 AM, D. Boland wrote:
Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, D. Boland!
I am not only a man of legacy, but also a very opinionated one. So give me some
slack when I say: the whole thing is insane. This would mean that from now on, I
have to use constructs like ~+daniel ~+SYSTEM in a Linux shell?? Bizarre.
No, you don't have. Default domain users are unprefixed, and the chance you
would use internal accounts for something like shell access is exactly zero.
For the god's sake, read the thread before posting into it. Everything has
been discussed no more than two days ago.
Yes, yes, I know. I wanted to react from the heart, without the intellectual baggage
of knowing the technical intricacies behind the problem.
Yes, who wants the facts to get in the way of a good emotion! ;-)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple