This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Package file lists archive
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2014 16:07:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: Package file lists archive
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLUZ-0iR4NR2j30UPJpmr4LfPtqBXfPtc7vh-nY3ZfF9Ag at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140527221151 dot GA6521 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <5395D00C dot 1080704 at etr-usa dot com> <CAAXzdLWmmQEvwpGFcraT=7+hwfYWRzGbj4YxegAoWScZ46-jfA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140617142906 dot GE7138 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLVFNcyFRbWoWGTAaDj8C=LqvMnZQbNgDfTYCeoM=3sUfw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140618061812 dot GE4920 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLVAp_rKLNravSrH81-Kx12TXq2VwwWNcDdxRQxe7Eoc8Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <53A185E7 dot 2030100 at cygwin dot com> <CAAXzdLWotgkDaicuV0TYLVeMsmP6inBej6r0u8Ux4oVaL5m7xw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140618152347 dot GB3974 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
In June I presented the idea of a "Package file lists archive" and was met with
> I understand how the package generation would have to work and don't see a
> major benefit to introducing a package list file given the amount of work and
> the fact that I would have to do the work.
However Christopher has since left the project
> In the last several months I've told various key players in the Cygwin project
> that I was thinking about withdrawing from the project. Today is the day that
> this becomes official.
I would like to revisit this issue. I would like to see if I can help in any way
to make this happen. My work on "apt-cyg" has been hindered by the issue with
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple