This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: (call-process ...) hangs in emacs
- From: Peter Hull <peterhull90 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 14:58:57 +0100
- Subject: Re: (call-process ...) hangs in emacs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53DB8D23 dot 7060806 at alice dot it> <CAK9Gx1cjj-7cDP7CunD7Bxz35L+SU9+4Ro3HRot5cwjcArudOA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140801133225 dot GD25860 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <53DEDBBA dot 20102 at cornell dot edu> <20140804080034 dot GA2578 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <53DF8BDC dot 8090104 at cornell dot edu> <20140804134526 dot GK2578 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <53E0CC2D dot 4080305 at cornell dot edu> <CAK9Gx1cpNpX7Es_wYqo1iVAzZ-yLBfg6JZ2RvQZTqEi5x4hBtQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
In my experiments, not calling pthread_mutexattr_init caused errors
such that the final mutex was invalid and could not be locked.
The difference between the explicitly initialised mutex and the
statically initialised one is that the latter does get 'lazily'
initialised when the mutex is first locked (I think...?) so maybe the
problem is something to do with the timing of that?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple