This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Package file lists archive
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 02:44:59 +0400
- Subject: Re: Package file lists archive
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLUZ-0iR4NR2j30UPJpmr4LfPtqBXfPtc7vh-nY3ZfF9Ag at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140527221151 dot GA6521 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <5395D00C dot 1080704 at etr-usa dot com> <CAAXzdLWmmQEvwpGFcraT=7+hwfYWRzGbj4YxegAoWScZ46-jfA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140617142906 dot GE7138 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLVFNcyFRbWoWGTAaDj8C=LqvMnZQbNgDfTYCeoM=3sUfw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140618061812 dot GE4920 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLVAp_rKLNravSrH81-Kx12TXq2VwwWNcDdxRQxe7Eoc8Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <53A185E7 dot 2030100 at cygwin dot com> <CAAXzdLWotgkDaicuV0TYLVeMsmP6inBej6r0u8Ux4oVaL5m7xw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140618152347 dot GB3974 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLVdWpV4kOJFqzTvoo2ZvpGoThN773BRmKC0xzy7VvGnSQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <1407121227 dot 2942 dot 8 dot camel at yselkowitz dot redhat dot com> <CAAXzdLXhi-Osr9S-9JjUvonXpu2FqK+FZma0xetR9=9gJTVt-Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAXzdLV40v1ztjM0t-75bDcvQwPw1pVXn5Fa5amsMt472bAUoQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <53E3BC1E dot 9090609 at cygwin dot com> <CAAXzdLUN+CcDJDRQVHFRtnGa48i6rPzMJhjjokVJZAcQAWrnjA at mail dot gmail dot com> <53E3F2AB dot 6060303 at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Larry Hall (Cygwin)!
>>> The above command works fine for me. Have you tried this on a different
>>> machine or though a different network provider?
>> It is an intermittent problem. I will be having timeouts with Cygwin when other
>> websites will be working perfectly fine. This is the typical situation
>> - try "cygcheck -p", timeout
>> - try again, will work after 15 seconds
>> - try again, will work after 7 seconds
>> - try again, will work after 1 second, as expected
>> After that all will be normal, until I try it again several hours later and the
>> process just repeats.
> Interesting. OK, I've been running it in a loop for the last half-hour and
> haven't seen any timeouts. I suppose there could be a difference in local
> configuration if you're still seeing the issue. If you think that could be
> coming into play, there may be some benefit to posting your cygcheck output
> to see if that suggests something.
There's little to see in Cygcheck, when you have flaky DNS servers, that
unable to respond timely.
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 08.08.2014, <02:43>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple