This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Question about apache2
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: "Gery ." <gamejihou at hotmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 18:30:20 +0400
- Subject: Re: Question about apache2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <DUB129-W58A99FFDE2CF6463AE4AA5B0D50 at phx dot gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Gery .!
> I just started using apache2 in Cygwin, basically following this:
> and things seem to work properly, I just typed 'http://localhost' in my
> Opera browser and I got 'It works' as expected, this should be telling me
> that apache2 is working well.
> However, when I started apache with 'apachectl2 start' I got 'httpd2: Could
> not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using
> fe80::f418:15ef:b5b9:a1df for ServerName',
This message is harmless, but can be avoided adding appropriate ServerName
directive in the httpd.conf or other appropriate place outside of the scope of
> and after 'netstat -a' I got (last two rows) this:
> UDP [fe80::c7:280d:3f57:ff97%7]:546 *:*
> UDP [fe80::f418:15ef:b5b9:a1df%3]:1900 *:*
These are not Apache ports. It doesn't use UDP.
> I think the last row is related to the message
Only because this is IPv6 address of your system.
Not a coincidence, nor a relevant information.
> above pointing to fe80::f418:15ef:b5b9:a1df. Would that be a problem? if
> so, how could I solve that?
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 19.08.2014, <18:23>
Sorry for my terrible english...