This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: man doesn't work after update
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:35:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: man doesn't work after update
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKf2h5Qk3Y6DLG29EaD6RxJZimYFos1-+XsuAxbZ0UvAk6_ZDw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 2014-08-19 05:30, Frank Fesevur wrote:
$ man shutdown
man: can't execute iconv: No such file or directory
man: command exited with status 127: iconv -c -f UTF-8 -t
ISO-8859-1//TRANSLIT | (cd /home/Administrator && LESS=-ix8RmPm Manual
page shutdown(8) ?ltline %lt?L/%L.:byte %bB?s/%s..?e (END):?pB %pB\%..
(press h for help or q to quit)$PM Manual page shutdown(8) ?ltline
%lt?L/%L.:byte %bB?s/%s..?e (END):?pB %pB\%.. (press h for help or q
to quit)$ MAN_PN=shutdown(8) less -s)
After manually installing "libiconv" (libiconv2 was already installed)
the problem disappeared, so apparently there is a dependency missing
Thanks for reporting. You are correct; this is now fixed on sourceware.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple