This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Windows Server 2012R2 64bit and 32bit Cygwin sshd
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 21:21:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: Windows Server 2012R2 64bit and 32bit Cygwin sshd
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <8761hphfps dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <loom dot 20140819T152804-628 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140819170235 dot GB29878 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87bnrgpf8e dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20140819190859 dot GR2280 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
> It doesn't matter if it's the same. An exception is generated and 32
> and 64 bit versions react differently for whatever reason. It's also
> really unnecessary to generate two accounts for this.
I know that now. But at one point I was wondering if somehow the fact
that certain settings in the cyg_server user account point to the 64bit
installation was responsible for my problem as it looked like there was
> Setting up sshd should be the job of an admin in the first place. The
> domain account is a service starter account, not just some arbitrary
> administrative account. That, and much easier maintainance domain-wide
> should be blatantly obvious to the admins.
I am the admin, but just of that single server and not all the time. As
I said I can and will ask, but even if the guy I'm talking to agrees it
makes sense that still doesn't mean it's going to happen once it's been
filtered through their set of rules that don't have provisions for
Cygwin in them. They've already asked why I don't convert that box to
Linux (different rules again which at least know of sshd) and I actually
might end up having to do so in the long run.
> Thanks, coming...
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptations for Waldorf Q V3.00R3 and Q+ V3.54R2:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple