This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Python missing dependency on libuuid-devel?
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 17:20:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: Python missing dependency on libuuid-devel?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53F5016F dot 7040809 at acm dot org> <53F523CC dot 9090309 at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2014-08-20 15:13, David Rothenberger wrote:
>> Doing an "import uuid" in python causes a segmentation fault unless
>> libuuid-devel is installed. It appears from the strace that something is
>> trying to find libuuid.dll.a. Installing libuuid-devel fixes the problem.
> You are indeed correct. The stdlib uuid.py loads libuuid via
> ctypes.util.find_library, which (with our patchset) finds the actual DLL
> name via the import library. (This is also true on ELF platforms,
> although the actual mechanism is somewhat different.)
> I have added libuuid-devel to both python and python3 requires.
I think binutils is also required. An strace shows a use of dlltool and
python will segfault if it's not installed.
David Rothenberger ---- firstname.lastname@example.org
Translation of the Latin "caveat emptor."
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple