This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Latest snapshot
- From: Angelo Graziosi <angelo dot graziosi at alice dot it>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 19:48:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: Latest snapshot
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
There was no change at all in symlink handling so this is a bit
Indeed it surprised me too!
For example , if I rename ~/.emacs.d to ~/.emacs.d-foo, and the I create
ln -sf .emacs.d-foo .emacs.d
Emacs is correctly initialized ONLY when .emacs.d-foo has the true
init.el file. If init.el is a symlink it starts but without my personal
preferences, as if init.el were ignored.
Reverting to 1.7.32 all works as expected.
Here, I am referring to the Cygwin build using --with-w32
Can you provide two strace,
I have used strace one or two times and the last time was many years ago..
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple