This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: top and free fail as of 21 Aug
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Lester Ingber <ingber at alumni dot caltech dot edu>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 19:19:56 +0400
- Subject: Re: top and free fail as of 21 Aug
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140823151150 dot GA10216 at ingber dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Lester Ingber!
> As of 21 Aug 2014, under cygwin, top and free return a blank line. Under
> cygwin64 they work just fine. This happens on both of our Thinkpad Carbon X1
> PCs under Windows 8.1.
> I see several files under /bin that were changed that date, e.g.,
> /bin% ls -l |grep "Aug 21"
> Under setup, I do not see top or free listed. Which package should I
> re-install to see if this will fix these problems? I regulary use
Try the latest Cygwin snapshot.
Also, checking for exactly "Aug 21" usually won't help, as files may have
waited for you a long time, and dates are not updated, when they come from
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 23.08.2014, <19:17>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple