This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: top and free fail as of 21 Aug
- From: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 14:14:31 -0400
- Subject: Re: top and free fail as of 21 Aug
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140823151150 dot GA10216 at ingber dot com>
- Reply-to: moss at cs dot umass dot edu
On 8/23/2014 11:11 AM, Lester Ingber wrote:
As of 21 Aug 2014, under cygwin, top and free return a blank line. Under cygwin64 they work just fine. This happens on both of our Thinkpad Carbon X1 PCs under Windows 8.1.
I see several files under /bin that were changed that date, e.g.,
/bin% ls -l |grep "Aug 21"
Under setup, I do not see top or free listed. Which package should I re-install to see if this will fix these problems? I regulary use kernel.org.
I happened to have updated recently and also run Windows 8.1,
but top and free work just fine for me. (I am talking about
32 bit.) So I suspect something else is going on.
Regards -- Eliot Moss
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple