This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installing Cygwin on Server 2012 R2 failing
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Sam Townsend <stownsend42 at sbcglobal dot net>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 21:09:49 +0400
- Subject: Re: Installing Cygwin on Server 2012 R2 failing
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1409239437 dot 97906 dot YahooMailNeo at web181101 dot mail dot ne1 dot yahoo dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Sam Townsend!
> I've been trying to install Cygwin on a Server 2012 R2 box, but the install
> keeps failing. I am using the latest installer (2.850, 32-bit), and I have
> tried multiple mirrors.
> Relevant portion of setup.log.full: http://pastebin.ca/2836397
man-db failures on a new install are a known issue.
There was some discoveries that might help the situation, once relevant
packages are reuploaded, but for now, you can try manually running update
command with -dc switch.
> Creating /etc/fstab.d directory failed.
> Please fix that manually.
are you running setup as admin?
> After the install, I have a broken cygwin. mintty fails to run (it pops up a
> window briefly which then disappears). I can run bash, but commands don't
> work because $PATH is not set up properly.
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 28.08.2014, <21:03>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple