This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installing Cygwin on Server 2012 R2 failing
- From: Sam Townsend <stownsend42 at sbcglobal dot net>
- To: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 12:07:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: Installing Cygwin on Server 2012 R2 failing
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1409239437 dot 97906 dot YahooMailNeo at web181101 dot mail dot ne1 dot yahoo dot com> <877g1slafo dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
- Reply-to: Sam Townsend <stownsend42 at sbcglobal dot net>
> I've done multiple installs (for testing purposes) on just such a box,
> both 32bit and 64bit and have had no such problems.
I don't doubt that it has been tested to work, but I have no idea why I can't get it working on this box.
> It seems you are trying to install into the root directory of the C:
> drive. Move it down a directory, maybe into C:\Freeware\Cygwin and
> install there and I guess it will work.
I tried installing to C:\sv\cygwin, and got the same problem.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple