This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
strnicmp no longer defined in snapshots
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 12:34:48 -0400
- Subject: strnicmp no longer defined in snapshots
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
The definition of strnicmp has been removed from /usr/include/string.h.
But I don't see any mention of that removal in the newlib ChangeLog,
so I'm wondering if the removal was deliberate.
strnicmp is used in the emacs-w32 sources. I can obviously patch emacs
to add the definition, but I thought I'd check first and make sure that
it was intentionally removed.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple