This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: strnicmp no longer defined in snapshots
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 13:35:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: strnicmp no longer defined in snapshots
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5401FD28 dot 2000009 at cornell dot edu>
On 8/30/2014 12:34 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
The definition of strnicmp has been removed from /usr/include/string.h.
But I don't see any mention of that removal in the newlib ChangeLog,
so I'm wondering if the removal was deliberate.
More precisely, the ChangeLog entry just says, "Improve language and OS
strnicmp is used in the emacs-w32 sources. I can obviously patch emacs
to add the definition, but I thought I'd check first and make sure that
it was intentionally removed.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple