This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: (call-process ...) hangs in emacs
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 22:23:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: (call-process ...) hangs in emacs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140828095524 dot GO20700 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20140828131832 dot GT20700 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <loom dot 20140828T172529-396 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20140829T115632-276 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140901115701 dot GD2644 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87ppffs0kw dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20140902083217 dot GM2644 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87mwaiq6bt dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20140902191914 dot GG6056 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87sik9q069 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20140902200907 dot GA18235 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
> $ setfacl -d g:system: filename
> Note the trailing colon.
That's not what the man page specifies, however. I'll keep it in mind.
>> Removing the group
>> owner ACL instead did the right thing in at least one instance.
> ??? It shouldn't. Removing the standard ACL entries for the owner,
> owner group, and other is not allowed:
> $ setfacl -d g:: filename
> setfacl: No error
> The "No error" is a bug, related to the fact that the aclsort() function
> doesn't set errno if aclcheck() failed. I just fixed that in CVS.
I'll try that again to be sure.
>> I've mostly been removing all ACL from the whole tree via the explorer
>> security tab (for ~/.ssh/ and similar stuff).
> *All* ACL??? That sounds wrong to me.
Take ownership (if not already owner), give full acces and nuke
everything else (general read access for user and change permission for
admin groups of various sorts mostly). Under Cygwin this then leaves a
clean mode (600 or 700, depending) with no "+" ACL.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Q+, Q and microQ:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple