This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Question about rxvt and the TERM variable
- From: Brandon Huber <bhatwork at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 21:25:25 -0400
- Subject: Question about rxvt and the TERM variable
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I know that the proper value for the TERM environment variable for the
non-unicode Cygwin rxvt is "rxvt-cygwin-native", but are there any
instances where using "xterm" would cause incorrect or unexpected
behavior? I have a co-worker who has started a holy war to change it
to "xterm" just because that's what it was on HP-UX, and I'd like to
speak intelligently about the issue with the rest of the team.
I can see a list of differences in terminfo settings by using the
infocmp utility, but I'm not sure how to interpret the results.
Thanks in advance!
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple