This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
emacs hangs on "Loading vc-git...done" (0/1)
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 17:18:49 -0400
- Subject: emacs hangs on "Loading vc-git...done" (0/1)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Cygwin 1.7.32-1, git 2.1.0-1, emacs 24.3-2. New problem, never seen
I start emacs, press C-x C-f to load a file, enter the file name, press
enter. Emacs hangs, and never returns. The status bar says:
I verified this in x86 and x86_64, and also with git 2.0.4-1.
Anyone have any ideas how to get past this? I can't tell if it's an emacs
problem, or a git problem. I suspect git, only because it's been updated
Output of cygcheck -svr is attached. I'm also attaching my .emacs file in
case that's of interest, although that hasn't changed in years.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple